Adkin's Sacked

chat about the town here ...
harry2
Super Contributor

Adkin's Sacked

Post by harry2 »

Last edited by harry2 on 12 Nov 2015 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
Yola

Re: Adkins's Sacked

Post by Yola »

It's not just the manager that should be sacked. It's the grossly overpaid ball-kicking muppets who have zero ambition to succeed now they have their Bentley Continental with private number plates.

Football needs a massive shake up in the UK. From the bottom up.
piwacket

Re: Adkin's Sacked

Post by piwacket »

Three cheers for that Yola!

What they're paid is obscene - I wouldn't call it ''salaries'' as they don't actually 'earn' it.

Mind you same goes for a lot of ''celebs'' !
There's no such thing as a free lunch
Whitley Boy

Post by Whitley Boy »

Too right Yola

:clap3:
harry2
Super Contributor

Post by harry2 »

Last edited by harry2 on 12 Nov 2015 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
C8H10N4O2

Post by C8H10N4O2 »

And replaced.
Steve Clarke, ex-WBA.
mickH

Post by mickH »

I wouldn't go and watch them, after all they didn't come and see me when I was bad!
Seriously though I do agree with the rest of the comments, if this lot of overpaid diva's worked on a factory floor or in an office they would have been sacked by now.
C8H10N4O2

Post by C8H10N4O2 »

You're suggesting the revenues involved in a mere game are excessive?
Gosh....that warrants thought. /s

In my view, it's an entirely obscene "business".
The commercial exploitation of sports, in which soccer scores highly, reflects humans to a tee.
Those revenues would, unequivocally, save a great many lives...
But like all children, playing and profit, by fair means or foul...getting ahead ... "I've got, you haven't" ... that's all that matters.
mickH

Post by mickH »

But it's not just footballers that are obscenely overpaid, so called stars in other sports such as golf, motor racing, golf, tennis . . . the list goes on. Then in the real world bankers, hedge fund managers, heads of privatised industries, entertainers . . . and that list also goes on. Before anyone quotes the old excuse of supply and demand or you need incentives to keep people from moving abroad I think there should be some sort of cap that you can work up to whereas the top people can earn no more than say £200,000 a year, more than enough for anyone to live on at the present time. No bonuses or shares or other perks to bung it up higher and those who don't like it, well if they still want to take their chances abroad, let them.
buseng
Super Contributor

Post by buseng »

Who's going to manager next week then? Beaten by a 10 man team at home!

Return to “Reading talk”